The Harris - Lass House Museum is located at 1889 Market Street in Santa Clara, California. It is the last farm site in the city of Santa Clara and is named for the two families who owned and lived on the property for 125 years. The museum consists of the house, a classic California barn, summer kitchen, tank house, landscaped gardens and Heritage Orchard.
The house was built in 1865 in the Italianate style — balanced and symmetrical. In the 1890’s it was extensively enlarged and remodeled, changing the symmetry of the original design. It is fully furnished, most of the furniture and contents having belonged to the Lass family.
The City of Santa Clara bought the property in 1987 and after extensive restoration, it opened to the public in 1991. Although owned by the City, the site is operated by the Historic Preservation Society of Santa Clara, a non-profit public benefit corporation, and staffed entirely by volunteers.
The Historic Preservation Society board usually meets on the second Thursday of the month from 10 am to 12 noon in the barn classroom at the Harris Lass Museum. Members and the public are always welcome to attend. To confirm the meeting date and time, please call the message line at 408-249-7905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum Opening Times:
The Museum will open for docent tours from 1 pm to 3 pm on:
Saturday, June 2
Sunday, June 17
Saturday, July 7
Sunday, July 15
Saturday, August 4
Sunday, August 19
To request a weekday tour, please call the museum message line at 408-249-7905 and leave a message.
Seniors (60+) $2.00
Children (6-12) $1.00
Call the message line at 408 - 249 -7905 to leave a message, to arrange a school or group tour; or to receive rental information.